COVID Care Model

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
COVID Care Model

Discussions of tips, tricks and strategies that work well in our new COVID era care models.

What is your home setup for work from home?

MattS
    Admin

What is your home setup for work from home? Empty What is your home setup for work from home?

Post by MattS Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:57 pm

This is definitely my wheelhouse, I really like technology!

I purchased a dell dock for my work laptop (and another dock for my personally owned Microsoft Surface Pro). I used a KVM switch that lets them both use the same monitor/mouse/keyboard setup (one or the other at a time)

Costco had 32 inch monitors for reasonable price ($199) so I bought 2 of them and have one set up (waiting on cables for the other). The large monitor greatly improves my ability to get work done efficiently at home (2 will be amazing).

I can share a picture, links to what I bought, etc for anyone interested. None of what I purchased was reimbursable by the department (some limited policy) but was worth it to me with the increased work from home process. It also doubles as my kids' home school setup (awkward if I am home during the day but haven't had to deal with that yet...).

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:38 pm